BGCC is proud of the high quality programs and services that we offer our members. This wouldn’t be possible without the many volunteers who give their time and talents to our members every day.
If you’re sincerely interested in inspiring, motivating and improving young lives, we’d love to have you join our team as a volunteer! Here are some of the volunteer opportunities that are available right now:
- Mentor opportunities
- Coaching and refereeing
- Character development and life skills coaches (for Passport to Manhood and SMART Girls)
Before you can become a volunteer, it’s required that you first attend formal volunteer orientation training, offered quarterly.
Please contact Cindy Newton at 216-883-2106, ext. 228, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, to reserve your preferred date for volunteer orientation training.
2013 Volunteer Orientation Training Dates:
Wednesday, April 10, 5:00pm-6:15pm @ Broadway Club
Wednesday, April 17, 6:00pm-7:15pm @ Heights Youth Club
Wednesday, May 1, 5:00pm-6:15pm @ Broadway Club
• Volunteer forms will be distributed or emailed following Volunteer Orientation Training.
• Interviews can be scheduled following Volunteer Orientation Training
• Completed forms should be submitted during your Interview.
• All volunteers must submit to a background check which requires a cost of $10.00
payable at time of interview
Derick Polk; Athletic Coordinator at Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland is starting Flag Football and Basketball teams at five of our BGCC sites. He is looking for volunteer coaches for Flag Football that will start in September 2012 and Basketball that will start in January 2013. The youth involved will be ages 9 to 12 years old.
• Must be 18 and over
• Must have a background in the sport
• Be available from mid-August to the end of October
• Complete a background check
• Complete certification training by mid-August
For more information contact Cindy Newton at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland. We look forward to hearing from you, and our members look forward to getting to know you!