Academic Success Programs
Our Academic Success Programs include:
- Power Hour, which provides Club professionals with the strategies, activities, resources and information to create an engaging homework help and tutoring program that encourages Club members at every age to become self-directed learners.
- SPARK, a Literacy initiative for first, second and third graders that uses online games and personalized instruction to improve reading skills.
- Money Matters, which promotes financial responsibility and independence among Club members ages 13 to 18. Participants learn how to manage a checking account, create a budget, save and invest, start small businesses and pay for college.
- National Fine Arts Exhibit, an Arts program designed to teach members about the art creation process so they can compete in a national exhibition.
*This program has been made possible through the generous support from
- Career Launch, which encourages Club members ages 13 to 18 to assess their skills and interests, explore careers, make sound educational decisions and prepare to join our nation's work force.
- Project LEARN. Club staff use all the areas and programs in the Club to create opportunities for these high-yield learning activities, which include leisure reading, writing activities, discussions with knowledgeable adults, helping others, homework help and tutoring and games (such as Scrabble®), that develop young people’s cognitive skills.