Our Healthy Lifestyles programs nurture members’ overall wellbeing by promoting healthy habits and reducing risky ones. Kids set personal goals, improve social skills and develop healthy techniques for managing stress, eating healthy and staying fit. Our Healthy Lifestyles programs include:
- Triple Play, a multi-faceted program that integrates mind (nutritional awareness and education), body (physical activity—sports leagues, dance, martial arts), and soul (social activity and recreation) to achieve good health.
- SMART Girls, a small-group program for female Club members ages 13-18 that engages participants in a variety of activities that build physical and psychological wellness.
- Passport to Manhood uses engaging activities to teach personal responsibility and positive character development to male Club members ages 11-14.
- Smart Moves helps Club members ages 6-15 to stay drug-free and build lifelong health by involving them in discussion and role-playing, practicing resistance and refusal skills, developing assertiveness, strengthening decision-making skills and analyzing media and peer influence.
- Club Tech-NetSmartz promotes Internet safety skills through multimedia activities and offline interaction with Club professionals in three age-appropriate groups.
- Money Matters promotes financial responsibility by teaching youth to manage a checking account, create a budget, save and invest, start a small business and pay for college.
BGCC helps Club members reach their full potential by making positive choices that nurture their minds, bodies and spirits. We encourage kids to set goals, avoid risky behavior and engage in physical activity – because the decisions they make today will have an impact on their future success.